Born and raised at the heart of Siberia, Novosibirsk, I set out to try my luck abroad at the age of 18 and traveled to Spain with sights to learn languages (Spanish and Catalan) and pursue a career in Film/TV production.
Years after, with solid understanding of the whole production cycle from idea to final product and distribution, I went to study screenwriting, photography, graphic design, animation and camera work, a passionate and creative field of its own that drove me to LA, the USA, where, graduating with MFA in Cinematography I became a member of Society of Camera Operators of America, assisted to workshops, masterclasses and even red carpets, where I had a once-in-a-life opportunity to capture the likes of Michael Keaton and Meryl Streep.
Upon my return to Russia I resolved to focus on online marketing & advertising - something I carried over to my other fields of expertise - and teaching English. I believe my passion and devotion to this subject began after a successful experience of yours truly pre-recorded classes among the refugee youth in Bangladesh, after my colleagues and I managed to raise the awareness about this problem with our ‘Displaced’ documentary aired on CNN International in 2018.
Seeing the enthusiastic feedback of those kids where was no doubt in my mind about the crucial and invigorating role of education based on principles of humanity, equity, excellence and growth - the very values I intend to transmit to my future students as we embark in this remarkable journey where we get to discover, explore and purposefully use our potential.
- Опыт преподавательской деятельности: 7 лет
- Образование: MFA in Cinematography
- Интересы: Photography, video editing, copywriting, drawing, sculpture
- Ключевые навыки: Business English, corporate English, e-commerce English, trade & commerce English, advertising & marketing English
- Личные качества: Creative, diligent, focused, disciplined, team player, organized, open-minded, self-organized, enthusiastic, peacemaker, good sense of humor
- Что привлекает в профессии преподавателя английского: Opportunity to positively impact my students’ lives, direct connection with my students who eventually become my friends