Hello there. I grew up in Southern California and have also lived in Madrid, Spain. I speak English, Spanish, and Russian. I am a friendly and patient teacher with years of experience.
I believe that English is about being able to communicate with people, and I always emphasize speaking in my classes. We read interesting texts, take questionnaires, play games, and do other activities that boost the speaking potential of the student.
I believe in having fun in class and picking up new vocabulary and grammar points along the way. Being able to express oneself and be understood as well as understanding the interlocutor are keys to successful engagement with people in English.
- Опыт преподавательской деятельности: 13 лет
- Образование: I finished middle school, high school, university and graduate school in Los Angeles, California. I graduated from the University of Southern California in 2004. Two years later I received my M.A. in International Relations from the same institution. My thesis focused on the economic and political relations between Mexico and the U.S. and specifically U.S. border policy. During my university years I took classes that focused on the politics and economics of the European Union, Latin America, and Asia (Pacific Rim).
- Интересы: I like reading, writing poetry, playing chess, travelling, listening and dancing to good music, etc.
- Ключевые навыки: Business English, English for Fluent Communication, TOEFL, GRE, BEC, FCE, CAE, IELTS
- Личные качества: I have taught so many English classes that you will swear I can read your mind when you speak. I am very patient and understanding with my students and I give them freedom to get comfortable in the language.
- Что привлекает в профессии преподавателя английского: I love working with different people from all walks of life. Along my teaching career I've met bankers, lawyers, architects, doctors, airline pilots, soldiers, policemen, IT and other professionals. It's exciting to be able to learn something from each one of these people. You get to know your students well and they become part of your life.